What is intergenertional gap?

Danube Networkers Forums Forums Intergenerational Dialogue What is intergenertional gap?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dfindeisen 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dfindeisen
    Participant

I am absolutely enthusiastic about Active80+ project. they really inspired me.and will try what I can do to discuss it in public whenever I can. Some days ago one of our students turned to me saying :”Now, you might be interested. I am turning 80. I have been with Slovenian Third Age University for 15 years now”. Only recently she discovered she was talented for architecture and urban space photographing. Her study group Squares, streets and buildings around us published Personal Town Tours a different kind of guide of Ljubljana based on research, personal stories of inhabitants. She also co-set up an exhibition titled 48 ouf of 1623… which has to do with studying the names of the streets and their location in urban space, which in turn opened up the topic of social fairness in urban space and the gender topic, But let me get to the point. She argues that active older citizens who turn 80+ are being ever less understood by their peers and are loosing contact with their generation. Would it be that the most important gap will not be between generations as they claim, but between older people who are active and those who are not? I would appreciate and would be interested in your opinion. I am absolutely enthusiastic about your partnership project Active 80+. You really inspired me and I think I’ll be talking about it in a few days in Brescia… and will try what I can to discuss it in public whenever I can. I really want to. Some days ago one of our students turned to me saying :”Now, you might be interested. I am turning 80. I have been with Slovenian third Age University for 15 years now”. Only recently she discovered she was talented for architecture and urban space photographing. Her study group Squares, streets and buildings around us published Personakl Town Tours a different kind of guide of Ljubljana based on research, personal stories of inhabitants. She also co-set up an exhibition titled 48 ouf of 1623… which has to do with studying the names of the streets and their location in urban space, which in turn opened up the topic of social fairness in urban space and the gender topic, But let me get to the point. She argues that active older citizens who turn 80+ are being ever less understood by their peers and are loosing contact with their generation. Would it be that the most important gap will not be between generations as they claim, but between older people who are active and those who are not? What about the right of very old people to continue to learn and be engaged in creative and meaningful processes?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.